Mystery Exotic Chick guesses?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sarahandbray, Feb 2, 2015.

1. sarahandbray

sarahandbray Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2014
    He's super cute! (I'm sure it's a he if he was free!)
    Solid gray, fluffy legs...but he's unfortunately spraddle legged, so I Googled some how-to videos and have him set up for the night.
    Any guesses?
    [​IMG]

2. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

If he only has 4 toes my guess is Cochin. Band aids work well to fix the leg problems there are some good tutorials on here. Good luck he's a cutie.

3. sarahandbray

Aug 12, 2014
    I watched a tutorial that used a rubber band and a cut up straw (as the spacer).
    We'll see if he makes it--he seems a little small and weak compared to the others...fingers crossed

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    It is probably a Blue Cochin. Cute chick! I hope you can fix his spraddle legs.

5. sarahandbray

Aug 12, 2014
    I hope so too!!!
    We're down to about 90/100 chicks that were sent, unfortunately. I'm annoyed because the Quick Chik and Grow Gel weren't in the box with the chicks. Maybe being sent separately? Luckily, I had some of the electrolyte water mix that TSC sells, but I was really hoping for that Grow Gel especially. Did wonders for the little ones in our last shipment.
    Our brooder is textbook--large, heated on one end, several feeders/waterers, puppy pads over wood chips for a few days, temperature under the red lamp is 95 degrees.
    The healthy ones are running around like crazy and super vigorous. The little ones are sickly and very weak. Heart breaking :(

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    He looks like a Blue Cochin to me, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by