Mystery illness deaths in Avairy? Need advice!!

your best bet is NE pigeon supply, it'll make it in a few days.. if you wait too long it will be a mute point.. Yes its expensive, but if it works you save some pigeons, they will be carriers of it , that is what i have heard. but its better than waiting for them all to die or try to save a few.. Kinda your call..

You might consider getting them vaccinated for PMV.. and keep 4-1 around or some basic meds to treat with, i always have a coxy treatment on hand, wormer, vitamins, probiotics,, and a canker treatment, and salmonella as well. better to have these meds on hand for just this type of t hing...., dont need to wait a week in the future, next it might help to take a dead one in for an autopsy, or diagnosis to find out what did go wrong,... and if you dont normally do it , get a vac kit from NE Supply as well.. certainly can not hurt..

Thank you so much for your input. Very valuable information! I went to the NE pigeon supply site to order the 4-1. They are out of stock. They are out of stock for a lot of things. I'll call around to the vets in the area to see if anyone carries it. Thanks again!

try pigeon supplies plus in mn.
Thanks! I just did and ordered it. I wish I would have known all this a week ago! I hope it comes fast and I can save the rest of the birds! This had been really depressing. I've had birds for 15 years an never had any problems other than a Sawhet owl.

Go to foys and pick up the 4 in 1 powder they have it in stock,they just got two huge shipping containers,I can't stand NE supply,they are crooks,had a paypal dispute with them,never sent what I ordered and charged me 3 times increase on shipping,paypal awarded me the winner,said they were were not trust worthy,foys is great and fast and very honest,I would give the 4 in 1 them probiotics with vitimans for a week after medication,then vaccinate each with pmv-1vaccine and to be safe sal bac vaccine.
Keep you drinkers and feeders clean,bleach clean them and buy some foys loft dressing for the poop,it kills the bacteria and virus in the poo.soon you you will have a healthy loft.

Go to foys and pick up the 4 in 1 powder they have it in stock,they just got two huge shipping containers,I can't stand NE supply,they are crooks,had a paypal dispute with them,never sent what I ordered and charged me 3 times increase on shipping,paypal awarded me the winner,said they were were not trust worthy,foys is great and fast and very honest,I would give the 4 in 1 them probiotics with vitimans for a week after medication,then vaccinate each with pmv-1vaccine and to be safe sal bac vaccine.
Keep you drinkers and feeders clean,bleach clean them and buy some foys loft dressing for the poop,it kills the bacteria and virus in the poo.soon you you will have a healthy loft.

We don't have a Foys around here, but thanks for the tips! Not sure what I can do about the flight pens, they have dirt floors.

On your dirt floor lofts,throw down some lime and Rack up the poo every week,the lime helps kill the bacteria in the poop,use barnyard lime it will be safe for the birds,never throw feed on the ground it gets in the bacteria,then they eat and the cycle starts again. I give the foys probiotics with vitamins everyday in their drinking water,it keeps them healthy with good gut bacteria,in bathing water I use 1 tbs of organic apple cider vinegar per gallon of water.
Www.foyspigeonsupplies.com

Can chickens catch this from the other birds?
I have a small bantam coop 20 feet away from the pigeon/dove coop. They share a run/flight pen. none of the bantams have gotten sick. I through out all the nest baskets (little wicker baskets I used for nests for them).
Should I through out all the wooden roosts too? Or can those be sanitized with bleach?
Doesn't barn lime burn the birds feet?

Chicken can come down with a different type of paratyphoid,I would routinely clean everything with a 50-50 mix of bleach and water in a spray bottle,scrap the poo off things and clean with bleach,I had the same problem you had,birds dead in the nest and on the floor,all clean and healthy now,I lime the floor and scrap up the poo everyday and clean the nest boxs often,I used wood chips in them and change that often,pro biotic and vitamins in the drinking water and they have higher fertility and great healthy young, I haven't lost a bird since then!!!!! In their bath pan add a tbs of ACV for your doves,great for the guy and parasites.

Back
Top Bottom