Mystery illness - listlessness, disinterest in drinking, and more. This is our 2nd round of this: first was resolved through supportive care.

Update 2…
She is standing, walking, and drinking! Hooray!!
She’s a little weak and wobbly, but sooooo much better.
No sign of an egg or any substance from her reproductive system yet, but we’ll keep a close eye out.
Today I did her calcium pill on my own with no issues. She’s a good girl :)

Video here:
Thank you all so much for your help! I appreciate it so very much :)

I'm glad she's improving.

I'd also consider giving her Vitamin E (400IU) and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily in addition to the Calcium. E and B1 can help support the nerves, B2 helps support leg health - all the B vitamins are good, so B Complex is the easiest to find and give.

I hope she continues to recover.

Update! Kiwi continues to improve. Yesterday she let us know that she didn’t want to be locked up in the sick ward anymore so we gave her full access to the yard. We kept a close eye on her and made sure her sisters weren’t bullying her and there were no problems.

She’s waking pretty normally now, balance is better, but she does tire easily. She’s eating and drinking well.

Last night she put herself to bed in the coop and she got down by herself this morning. I still haven’t seen an egg or egg-like substance so I’ll keep monitoring. If she does lay something, hopefully it’ll be in the coop or one is the sneaky spots the girls use on occasion. She’s still taking calcium for a few more days and I’ll explore the additional supplements @Wyorp Rock suggested.

Thanks to all of you for your help, support, and kind words. We just love that little lady.

Back
Top Bottom