Mystery illness, please help

Samblast

Chirping
Apr 4, 2020
Central Maryland
1.5 y/o ISA Brown. She’s In coop with 3 BRs and 2 other ISAs. No one else showing symptoms. Feed is layer pellet. Her symptoms are purple comb(usually in colder weather), green poop(light and dark, not liquid), crop is hard and decently large, not laying eggs(stopped right before symptoms started), and she walks with her wings not on her sides(there’s a gap). She eats still and happy to see me. I don’t hear her breathing. She’s been sick for about 2-3 weeks now. Please help me if you can. 1C6EF3BF-DA67-42EE-9EDD-786DFA53EC3F.jpeg
You can see her crop to the right side in that picture.

Don't get me wrong, but I don't see problem here, only for wings (it could be due to stress), she is probably not laying because she is making "pause" or due to cold weather. Hope everything will be fine.

I don’t have experience with this.
I don’t like the purple comb even though it only happens in cold weather, this could be a sign of not getting enough oxygen.

1.5 y/o ISA Brown. She’s In coop with 3 BRs and 2 other ISAs. No one else showing symptoms. Feed is layer pellet. Her symptoms are purple comb(usually in colder weather), green poop(light and dark, not liquid), crop is hard and decently large, not laying eggs(stopped right before symptoms started), and she walks with her wings not on her sides(there’s a gap). She eats still and happy to see me. I don’t hear her breathing. She’s been sick for about 2-3 weeks now. Please help me if you can. View attachment 2552371
You can see her crop to the right side in that picture.
I thought she's got fever. Use any type of medicine containing paracetamol formulation and you can also give her a mash mixture of brown sugar +ginger+garlic it's too much effective in this type of condition

I thought she's got fever. Use any type of medicine containing paracetamol formulation and you can also give her a mash mixture of brown sugar +ginger+garlic it's too much effective in this type of condition
Paracetamol (acetaminophen) can be toxic to birds. IF pain medication is needed then aspirin can be given or a vet can prescribe something like Meloxicam.

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) can be toxic to birds. IF pain medication is needed then aspirin can be given or a vet can prescribe something like Meloxicam.
In this type of situation I personally use paracetamol formulation medicine and it works properly without any disadvantage. But I acknowledge ur experience.

Darkening of the comb and waddles can be related to multiple things like heart issues, respiratory issues or even a disease. If she is having labored heavy breathing, this could be more heart related. Things such as an enlarged heart, heart disease or congestive heart failure can be possible causes if it’s heart related. As for respiratory and disease that can cause darkening of the comb and waddles, an obstruction in her throat or trachea could be causing the labored breathing and coughing, but so can diseases such as Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG), Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT), Airsacculitis, Aspergillosis or Fowl Cholera. Fowl Cholera causes darkening of the comb and waddles, coughing, labored breathing, excessive thirst, weakness and/or lethargy and most of the time resorts to death if not caught early on. Giving antibiotics by an injection would be the fastest way to get antibiotics into her system to fight of the bacteria that causes FC.

Back
Top Bottom