Mystery Rooster

OBrienChickens

Chirping
8 Years
May 11, 2015
Hi all, I recently rescued this mystery rooster from this farm I work at. Somebody dumped 6 or 7 roos into the pen so I decided to take one.
I think he's a silver ameracuana cross but his buttercup comb tells me otherwise. I'm still new to IDing breeds so any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 20231005_151936.jpg
    20231005_151936.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 65
Probably a blend of Silver Laced Polish Mix(Bearded), & Something else. Can't quite put my finger on what though.

The genes that make lacing also creates Spangling like on your boy.

Probably a blend of Silver Laced Polish Mix(Bearded), & Something else. Can't quite put my finger on what though.

The genes that make lacing also creates Spangling like on your boy.
It looks like he has some of the facial feathers of an araucana. He's pretty decent sized, not as big as an orpington roo but definitely not as small as a bantam. He's also really young, his spurs are just little nubs. Here's a close up of those face feathers

Attachments

• 20231006_111107.jpg
    20231006_111107.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 16
It looks like he has some of the facial feathers of an araucana. He's pretty decent sized, not as big as an orpington roo but definitely not as small as a bantam. He's also really young, his spurs are just little nubs. Here's a close up of those face feathers
I suggested a Bearded Polish mix, & Something else. The he has yellow shanks, so not pure for white shanks.

Reason for suggesting bearded Polish Mix, as a part is due to his flattened crest.

Back
Top Bottom