Mystery swap meet birds

Are these guys old enough to guess their breed yet? I'm curious how much bigger they're going to get. They're about 3.5-4 months old. Does the bigger one look like he's getting fat, or is the little one a little runty? Big guy is drinking in the last picture, so his posture is a little weird, but he'd definitely breastier than the little dude. BUT the little dude is the one that crows. The big guy used to be the more dominant one, but now little dude is usually the leader, he's the one that chooses where in the hedge they're going to roost tonight. (They started sleeping up in the bushes, rather than spend the night in a coop with FEMALES, GROSS.)

Pictured with their adult lady friends.
IMG_20221002_104204.jpg IMG_20221002_104242.jpg IMG_20221002_104249.jpg

My boys in action. So far they're just play fighting, if they start drawing real blood I'm going to have to figure out which one to make disappear.... For now it's cute, though.

Are these guys old enough to guess their breed yet? I'm curious how much bigger they're going to get. They're about 3.5-4 months old. Does the bigger one look like he's getting fat, or is the little one a little runty? Big guy is drinking in the last picture, so his posture is a little weird, but he'd definitely breastier than the little dude. BUT the little dude is the one that crows. The big guy used to be the more dominant one, but now little dude is usually the leader, he's the one that chooses where in the hedge they're going to roost tonight. (They started sleeping up in the bushes, rather than spend the night in a coop with FEMALES, GROSS.)

View attachment 3278979View attachment 3278980View attachment 3278981
They might grow a bit more but shouldn't get much larger. I didn't realize how small they were in your other pictures. I'm thinking their mixes, maybe some sort of bantam mixed with a standard.

That's what I figured. They're still so cute together, they're side by side practically 24/7. I hear related roosters sometimes stay bros for life (and even double team hens together), so I'm just watching and waiting to see how they turn out.

That's what I figured. They're still so cute together, they're side by side practically 24/7. I hear related roosters sometimes stay bros for life (and even double team hens together), so I'm just watching and waiting to see how they turn out.
They look Leghornish, but the earlobes aren't white. I think they may have some gamefowl blood and if that is the case I wouldn't count on them getting along for much longer. Wait and see, but keep an eye on them.

View attachment 3278979View attachment 3278980View attachment 3278981
They look like Spanish game mixes

Back
Top Bottom