Mystic Onyx

EvaRay1525

Songster
Oct 12, 2020
I recently bought a Mystic Onyx chick and I was wondering what they are like. I would like to know their size, egg color, temperament, waddle color, etc.

I’d be curious also. If my local TSC has them this year, I might get one. They are “new” for 2021 so there won’t be much info yet. However, last year or two some people found some chicks called Rainbow Ramblers or Rustic Ramblers or something to that effect that may have been precursors to the Mystic Onyx. You might could poke around BYC for those and might have a little insight there.

I’m curious as well about the mystic onyx chickens! Mostly their egg coloring as I am trying to achieve every color to complete my rainbow hehe. Also if they’re cold hardy for southern VT.

Hoover’s hatchery info says they lay light brown eggs. Since they were developed from silkies I think they would be cold hardy. At least I hope so, since I ordered sone myself this year and live in NH.

To me Hoover Mystic Onyx look like the Svart Hona. But that with the hens. The males have color. The Silkie is definitely used in creating this line.

I think anyone who may want Ayem Cemani or Svart Hona, this is a great alternative. They are cold hardy like the Svart Hona.

I recently bought a Mystic Onyx chick and I was wondering what they are like. I would like to know their size, egg color, temperament, waddle color, etc.
I also recently bought some. I'm kinda obsessed with Goth chickens and wanted to get the Ayam Cemani chicken but had a hard time finding chicks so I decided to order this breed which is very close to it.

Back
Top Bottom