Nabiki's Falb/Grau/Pansy Fee hatch

I guess this means this hatch is almost done. The last two good looking eggs are zipping now. I'll keep an eye on the one that might still be good and give it until tomorrow night before I call it completely done.
You are worse than me about wanting it to be over and I am bad.🤣🤣

Well, if the last two coming out are actually the last, that will be 49 chicks. Floppy wing/sideways seems to be improving with time in the little jar. We'll see if it needs to be culled or not.
1579927407571.gif

This is my best percentage hatch yet, and I thought my last one was good with 43 hatched out of 60.

Edit: @Kiki I'm not that bad! According to the Hatch a Batch app, they were supposed to hatch today, so one extra day isn't giving too much extra time.
1579927532362.gif

Well, if the last two coming out are actually the last, that will be 49 chicks. Floppy wing/sideways seems to be improving with time in the little jar. We'll see if it needs to be culled or not. View attachment 2010411

This is my best percentage hatch yet, and I thought my last one was good with 43 hatched out of 60.

Edit: @Kiki I'm not that bad! According to the Hatch a Batch app, they were supposed to hatch today, so one extra day isn't giving too much extra time. View attachment 2010416
I don't think I said it right.

I think most people wait to call the hatch a few days after hatch day.
You and I are ready to call it done before hatch day is even over.

I don't think I said it right.

I think most people wait to call the hatch a few days after hatch day.
You and I are ready to call it done before hatch day is even over.
Well, if we candle the eggs and they look dead (I thought they looked dead too, so I'm glad you agreed), why wait? If I saw any trace of movement, I'd let them hatch.

I'm amazed at how fast this hatch went. This is the first time that I don't think I have any living stragglers.

Physical therapy on little sideways appears to have worked! This morning it was still stumbling around like a new hatched chick, but staying pretty much on its feet. I put it in with the rest of the chicks, and it's improving steadily.

I did one more candle of the remaining six eggs, and they all look gone to me. No signs of internal pips, no movement. My new eggs are due to arrive between 1:00-3:00 today, so I'm calling the hatch.

62 set (2 HG)
55 fertile
49 hatched

Back
Top Bottom