Nail art?

Quote:
cool:) I'm looking forward to going to a nail college:) I don't wear put these nails on LOL Their toooo long and kinda ugly..lol I just wanted to do a really long one. It came with my acrylic set last year as a clear nail to paint over:)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/94826_p1090712.jpg

Wow those are really long.

Haha, I know! It came with shorter nails tool. I kept it on for like...I dunno....An hour? lol And took it off

Thanks
smile.png

I have Nail Art Gallery on My Salon Website
WWW.AttitudesHairandNails.com

Chick1043: Awesome Art! I have done this same thing but with drilling holes and actually lacing them up .
If its odd and can be put on a nail im there
lol.png

I also do aquarium nails- A plastic dome sculpted into the nail , filled with glitter and shapes and injected water - wallah! its like a snow globe in the nail- Very Weird but very cool

Quote:
How do you drill a hole and lace them? I know there's a tool but I mean where like your nail is on the finger..If that makes sense. lol

Something cool to try at home: Water marbelizing
working quickly , add drops of different colored nail polish into a bowl of water. Gently swirl around with a toothpick , until you get the desired tye dye / marbleized effect and slide nail into water avoiding polish .then to apply your swirled design slowly lift the nail up from underneath and the nail polish with cling to your nail.. allow to dry , top coat and qtip /acetone around the nail top clean up

Quote:
Oh I do that all the time:) My mom just told me today some lady at a salon wants me to go work for her doing nails!!!!!

BTW! How much do you make? Do you make money per hour or by the client? If you don't mind me asking.
Something cool to try at home: Water marbelizing
working quickly , add drops of different colored nail polish into a bowl of water. Gently swirl around with a toothpick , until you get the desired tye dye / marbleized effect and slide nail into water avoiding polish .then to apply your swirled design slowly lift the nail up from underneath and the nail polish with cling to your nail.. allow to dry , top coat and qtip /acetone around the nail top clean up

BTW! How much do you make? Do you make money per hour or by the client? If you don't mind me asking.

It really depends on your setup. If you are working for a salon you could be payed hourly , at some fancy spas you could make ( per hour) $25 and up and Show up on time under their schedule...but the real money lies on being your own boss , renting a spot in a salon. I can do a fullset of nails with all the bells and whistles for $55 and it takes a little more than an hour... or I could do two Shellac Manicures for $35 each , each taking 30 minutes = $70 and hour.. being your own boss comes with paying rent , buying supplies , marketing yourself and making your own schedule.... but It can be as profitable as you make it.. I co own a salon with my mother so it works out great for me , but if i didnt have that opportunity i would rent a spot in a successful salon

Back
Top Bottom