nails or screw and what size

yeah outdoor safe nails are called galvianized nails wih a non rust coating.

So 3 inch galvanized nails or deck screws are the answer.

Last edited:
For 2 x 4 framing we use 16d 3 1/4" or 3 1/2" coated sinkers... we used them for framing in the house and my garage roof as well. I think they are pretty standard for framing.

The type of siding I got from home depot, smartside siding that is pretty much OSB with a finish on one side, takes 2 1/2" spiral galvanized nails... being galvanized will keep them from rusting in the weather.

Quote:
My dad works in concrete... and he swears by DeWalt. He has a couple kits of DeWalt tools and a couple drills... they will drill into concrete. The batteries also last a lot longer than my craftsman drill and they have a lot more power.

Manure of any sorts, chicken is the worst! Ammonia is the culprit, we deal with alot of cattle and trust me I have bought a many pair of Red Wings! OMG that sounds like a breed of chickens!
gig.gif
Anyone have a pair of Red Wings I want some eggs?
lau.gif

I just bought a brand new cordless - B & D - about $89 at HD, comes with two batteries. It has very good ratings on Amazon.com by people who own them, and was about $100 less than a good DeWalt (my favorite brand, but I saved the extra $$ for a new iPod knock off :)).

The drill has a two year warranty, and for $10 extra you can extend it to 3 years - it is a pretty darned good deal. I used it for building the turkey coop and really like it. It has a high speed or low speed setting which is handy.

If you can borrow an extra cordless drill, it goes much faster having two of them on hand. One for your drill bit, one for the screw driver.

Back
Top Bottom