Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Drevious

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 31, 2013
Help me identify my naked necks sex please. They are 8-10 weeks old and I don't know if they are crowing yet because I could sleep through a car crash.

Naked Neck - Roo?

Here is my other naked neck in the middle to compare

Last edited:
I would say roo too! I got 2 in cackles hatchery surprise and I've fallen in love with them! Someone who bought a large number of chicks from us said they might put an order in and I asked them if they'd order me 6 naked necks if they do. We don't need any more chickens (we have another order of 30 coming in a couple of weeks) but I will make room for naked necks!!!
love.gif

I keep saying it's a roo too but some friends say no. I live in a city so I kinda need to know before people complain.

I have 3 Naked Necks that are about 7 wks.. I'm having little success finding info about sexing them. Even less success getting decent pics of them. Slow camera/crazy-active chicks. Any one know of a really good site? Anyone know a lot about them? Have a few other breeds that have been fairly easy to sex, less than a week older. Buttercup Roo started crowing a week ago! Total surprise to me as he had just started showing traits of a roo a week or so before. Buff Cochin has much bigger comb and wattles than partner and also has that 'sissy-like' demeanor. Sorry, guys... Are the NN's just slow to mature?

I have surfed through so many sites. They all have the same look about their heads. One of the black ones has a really red neck and a small 'bow-tie'. The other has a rather large large 'scarf' but not so red a neck. The blondish/brown one has a large bow-tie, a pale neck and the biggest (green) eyes I've ever seen on a chicken! How about body temp in chickens? When I cuddle my NN's, I'm amazed at the heat in the skin on their necks! Would appreciate any info.

I have two Naked Necks mixed with Black Copper Maran. I know for sure one is a roo, but the other has a black/yellow comb and isn't as big. I say its a female, but parents swear its a rooster. I posted pics off all my chicks in a post asking for help sexing them, but no one replied. Any help here?

This is the one I'm referring to

Last edited:
I have two Naked Necks mixed with Black Copper Maran. I know for sure one is a roo, but the other has a black/yellow comb and isn't as big. I say its a female, but parents swear its a rooster. I posted pics off all my chicks in a post asking for help sexing them, but no one replied. Any help here?

This is the one I'm referring to
Mine is almost identical to this one. I'd say hen. How old? I never saw your other pics. Do you have a pic of the roo? One of my black ones is all of a sudden getting a brown head and a little brown here and there. One white-tipped wing feather. What's up with that? Not a mixed breed.

Back
Top Bottom