Break my heart

KookyMomo

In the Brooder
Dec 1, 2021
So I have a new flock of 9 that are almost 6 weeks old. 2 of them are Naked Necks, which I've come to find out may be the most loving chicken in the world. The black one here taking the#1 spot. I was getting excited thinking of all the places we'd go together until last week when suddenly this huge comb and some wattles pooped out. Didn't happen to the other one. I'm coming to terms with the fact that my new best friend and I may have to part ways but wanted some input first.

Attachments

• PXL_20230612_191409850~2.jpg
    PXL_20230612_191409850~2.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20230606_161821924.jpg
    PXL_20230606_161821924.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 22
Oh no the female is a sweetie too. I've read that Turkens are super friendly. At least one is a girl. I'll be sad to see him go. 😥

Agreed with all others. My naked neck cockerel has been extremely quick to develop as well.

Pic of him and his giant wattles at 12 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_6169.jpeg
    IMG_6169.jpeg
    716.8 KB · Views: 21
Is he a lover?
He’s a very mild mannered cockerel so far.

I wouldn’t call him a lover but I haven’t over handled him. I knew he was a boy very early and he’s going to be a pretty big bird so I wanted to make sure he didn’t go from cuddly to cut throat once the hormones hit.

If we have to handle him he’s never shown any aggression, no pecking or attempts to do anything. I have two young kids so a non-aggressive rooster is important to me, and that’s why I kept him since I’ve heard great things about naked necks!

He’s very curious and checks everything out and he’s been overall well mannered toward the older pullets but he has started to try and mount them and he’s bigger and clumsy and may need a separate space to cool off if he doesn’t get a little more tactful lol.

Back
Top Bottom