Naked Neck Turken-Sex?

8 weeks old. No start of a waddle at all. Just very red . Cockerel ?

Last edited:
8 weeks old. No start of a waddle at all. Just very red . Cockerel ?

This is a pullet. A cockerel would be showing darker feathers on the wings/back. She is very solid/even colored, so..

The thing with NN is they "blush" when excited. Pullet combs can seem bigger too.. not sure if they are literally bigger or just an illusion due to being naked necked- they have less feathers on other areas too.. This throws so many people unfamiliar with NN.

This is Sunny. 6weeks old NN. Female right? This is my first year having chickens. I got a variety including 2 NN which are my favorite.

Not too easy from this pic.. it looks female-ish however it has the area of visibly darker feathers coming on the wings, could be the male color pattern starting to show(very common for NN roosters to have wings/back a full shade darker than body color) OR she is going to feather out dark red all over.

Welcome to the breed- there is a thread for NN fans:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/301500/naked-neck-turken-thread

This is a pullet.  A cockerel would be showing darker feathers on the wings/back. She is very solid/even colored, so..

The thing with NN is they "blush" when excited.  Pullet combs can seem bigger too.. not sure if they are literally bigger or just an illusion due to being naked necked- they have less feathers on other areas too..  This throws so many people unfamiliar with NN.

She is so perfect and gorgeous! Healthy!

Just asking if ANYONE KNOWS ANYONE who has blue naked necks ? I lost my beautiful girl I posted on this post awhile back I need to fill a void . Please help .

Back
Top Bottom