Naked necks

I'm curious now, would love to see pictures of both(monkey and caddy) your birds.... both the bowtie birds and bare necks.. adult/juvenile and chick pics would be great.

I'll put up a recent picture, these chicks were out of a large bowtie rooster with two small bowtie hens.

5756_bluebabies2.jpg

Dark blue chick is facing to the side, still can make out it has a huge bowtie patch compared to the lighter one.

Another pure:

5756_baby2.jpg

Didn't mention it before, pure chicks can also have naked areas on other places that aren't in birds with one gene. For example for those chicks, the pure one(on right & lone chick) also has naked area between beak and eyem on the belly, some lines also have two parallel naked areas on back which is much bigger than not-pures(this one can depend on lines, some lines for some reason don't show this effect very much).

On adult birds, pures have naked shoulders, not-pures usually don't.

Last edited:
Looking for some bantam naked neck chickens, chicks or eggs. Preferable white.

Do you know where we could get some?

Thanks,
Cheryl

Cheryl
Stromberg's has the white and red naked neck bantams and I believe you may also be able to get eggs and adult birds. Dunlap hatchery sells the naked neck/turken bantams. My experience with the naked neck/turken bantams from dunlap hatchery was good but expect lots of variety in colors and comb types. Hope this helps.
Wayne

Back
Top Bottom