Name for my suburban "farm", if you could call it that!?

mjolly

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
Hi all, I have read several posts regarding naming your property/farm/etc. I love reading all the posts on BYC and have learned so much from all of you. This is my first year of poutry and I am loving it!

The posts with farm names are wonderful and I really want to do the same as many of my pullets will soon be laying and we will be selling some of the eggs. I am in hopes of getting some labels to put on my egg cartons. I am having some difficulty coming up with a name though. I will list several "suggestions" or options that have been provided by others or some that I have thought up. I would appreciate your input or suggestions also.

1) There was a suggestion on another thread to use a geographical feature in the name. I live in the middle of a suburban area, not much of a geographical feature around here. There are two large maple trees on the south side of my lot.
"Maple Feather Farm" Feathers since we have birds (quail, turkey and chickens).

2) I have a large garden and quite a few "creatures" including chickens, 2 rabbits, a bee hive, a bat house, a dog, some quail, a turkey who recently went to freezer camp, and my son's tarantula. It was recently suggested that I call it "Marva's Managerie". I am not fond of this one though. Not exactly large enough to be called a "Hobby Farm" either really!

3) I have an interesting last name so tried to incorporate that into the name.
"Jolly Acres", but I live on a lot less than 1/4 acre so that would not really work either.
"Lazy J farm", "Flying J Farm"- not my favorites either.
And yes, we get a lot of X-mas commets like "Have a jolly x-mas!"
And need I mention the "Jolly Rancher" refrence (candy)....that one has been suggested too, although I don't think it totally fits either as my lot size and amount of animals, etc is far from being a "ranch".
I don't mind the name comments so much, and surprisingly I have been told the name fits as I am usually in a good mood and smiling.

4) I love the song "I'm gonny fly" by Sydney Forest - the opening theme song for the kid's movie "Kiki's Adventure", about a young witch learning to find herself. It has inspired me during some difficult times in the past. It means a lot to me.
"Moon Feather farm" - flying, I love the moon and stargazing.

5) Profession, I am a soils engineer - foundations, retaining structures.
"Stone Farm", "Rock____"???

I guess at this point I am stumped. I am asking for suggestions. For background I also quilt, sew and knit. I am a bit of a mix of "old fashioned" and new. My dad's family has a farm and we would go there every summer. I guess I am a "farm girl at heart". I have moved that idea into the "city" as much as I am able right now. We are only allowed hens, no roosters nor any 4-footed farm animals, although I'd love to get a goat or two! Someday when we can afford to move a little farther out of town. I'm also a single mom of a wonderful son.

Please let me know what you think of the ideas above or anything you can come up with. Any ideas or suggestions would be greaty appreciated.

Thanks,

Marva

Miss Prissy,

You are too much! A Farmette! Very cool! Thanks for the suggestion!

Someday I hope to have a larger property where I can have a "real" farm! Saving my money and dreaming right now!

Thanks,

Marva

Great ideas, thanks so much. I'd love to see what others think as well. You are all so creative.

Marva

Jolly (or Jolly's) Acres (gives you room to "grow")
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom