Name that chick!

Chickaddict82

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 24, 2014
Chickamauga, GA
I just got my yearly shipment of assorted chicks. Identifying them is my fun over the winter. If anyone can or wants to help here they are except for the solid yellow that could be nearly anything.

what are the possible breeds? The top chick looks like an Australorp or Barred rock chick. Second one is possibly a Red Sex link of some sort. The all yellow that could be anything seems a darker yellow than the dominant white birds I am used to seeing - could be an orpington? The other colors I have never had chicks that look like them to toss out guesses.

I get them from McMurray. No feather footed, top hats, or bantams. Anything else is a possibility. I will be able to tell if the black has a cuckoo or barred pattern soon. Possibilities also include jerseys, ssexlinks, cuckoo maran, and dominique

1. Looks like a barred rock (Note the white dot on the head)
2. Some type of production red/sex linked/RIR
3. Not exactly sure, but first guess is EE.
4. Buff Orpington. (Note the pink feet)
5. No idea lol
6. Can't really tell from the pic, but could also be EE , or a red laced Wyandotte.
7. Again, no idea.

Last edited:
I just got my yearly shipment of assorted chicks. Identifying them is my fun over the winter. If anyone can or wants to help here they are except for the solid yellow that could be nearly .Barred Plymouth Rock.
Red Sex-Link, probably.
Not sure.
Buff Orpington.
Not sure.
Too blurry too tell.
Silver Spangled Hamburg

Your first bird will be a barred Rock (yellow legs, straight comb) a cuckoo Marans (white/pink legs, straight comb) or Dominique (yellow legs, rose comb)

The only other one I have a decent idea is second from the bottom, is that a gold laced Wyandotte chick?

You sure no bantams? Three of them look like it.
from my experience, I think I know what the 2nd to last one is.

1. Could be any of Donrae's guesses
2. Looks like red sex link
3. Silver Duckwing Old Wnglish Game Bantam is my guess
4. Buff Orpginton
5. Color looks like Porcelain, but could be splash if this narrows things down. Bantam probs.
6. Quail D'Anver Bantam from experience
7. Silver spangled hamburg, silver laced sebright most likely hamburg... Bantam

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what breed of bantam this is? This is a pic at 6 weeks old. Thanks for any help

Back
Top Bottom