name that predator!!

maligator2012

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 4, 2013
Maine
OK Friends!! I had my first predator try to get in the run of my coop last night...found three areas that they tried to dig under, no sucess though, they hit the chicken wire I burried all around the outside of the run to prevent this...I saw this muddy print on the door of the coop...and they were strong enough to reach in, grab a water dish i have as a back up incase they tip over the other waterer and pull that dish to the wall of the run and wedge it upright....I live in maine...this thing has also been getting into my compost bin....I do have woods that border my house....Fisher? Opposum? Raccoon?? what do you all think??

I have now put another layer of sod all around the boarder of the coops run and tamped it down making it pretty solid....we shall see what tonight brings!!

I don't know
hu.gif
, maybe a fox?

Did you happen to measure the length and width of the print? I have a scats and tracks book. Measuring it is is a really good way to figure out what type of track I'm looking at. At a minimum, the book helps me eliminate animals, which helps me narrow it down. The internet has some pretty good tracks info on it as well.

Guppy

Back
Top Bottom