Name that toe

Pics
For Moony.
9D9FB5E5-8068-4519-81C2-DED844E7FC90.jpeg

First of all, how did I miss this?! This was something I wasn't ready for from like the second post Moony made. lol

I found it in a small plain vanilla envelope stuck to the barn door by a 3" thorn.
Inside the envelope was this toe and a slip of paper with Leviticus 24:20 written on it in what appears to be blood.
I think it was meant as a threat but unsure by what creature.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Bigfoot lives....
It's not a very big Bigfoot...
Moony are you going to make a necklace with your toe?
I'm thinking it could double as a toothpick.
Go Away GIF

As if he needed any ideas...
Well this was a fun little jaunt :lau
Wasn't it?
Everything has been pretty quiet for a few days. No activity until today when I checked the traps and one is MIA. GONE. I searched for a while but no luck.
For real, real, not for play, play? Guessing these aren't live traps, but leg holds? How was the trap secured?
Better not be. 🧐
Uh-oh...somebody's garden tool senses are tingling...
1630682135172.png

I'm in hillbilly land. Think we have more muskrats then beavers around here.
figuratively speaking schitts creek GIF by CBC

My first thought would have been some sort of weasel-y thing. It reminds me a bit of what I'd think a sable foot/toe would look like but we don't have those over here.

For real, real, not for play, play? Guessing these aren't live traps, but leg holds? How was the trap secured?
Yes real. Yes leg holds.
Nothing out here falls for live traps except possums and cats.
Duh, baling wire. Secured to a piece of barn framing. I underestimated their ability to untwist it.

Yes real. Yes leg holds.
Nothing out here falls for live traps except possums and cats.
Duh, baling wire. Secured to a piece of barn framing. I underestimated their ability to untwist it.
I've only caught coons in live traps. The opossums I walk into the trap and close it to take them away. Coons are dispatched.

That's crazy it undid the baling wire. I thought you were supposed to stake them pretty deep in the ground? But I know nothing about them except what Disney movies like the Fox and the Hound and one of those Marty Stouffer specials where he raised the female grizzly and released her in the wild taught us.

I've only caught coons in live traps. The opossums I walk into the trap and close it to take them away. Coons are dispatched.

That's crazy it undid the baling wire. I thought you were supposed to stake them pretty deep in the ground? But I know nothing about them except what Disney movies like the Fox and the Hound and one of those Marty Stouffer specials where he raised the female grizzly and released her in the wild taught us.
Stakes cost extra. Barn was already here. Lol
Na I just attach them to a structure or tree or broke down vehicle anything non mobile.
It's real county out here. No pampered predators. Ours are wise and crafty or they don't survive at all.
You can't find a coon foolish enough to live trap. They shake rattle and roll them around when they find them.

Stakes cost extra. Barn was already here. Lol
Na I just attach them to a structure or tree or broke down vehicle anything non mobile.
That makes sense.
It's real county out here. No pampered predators. Ours are wise and crafty or they don't survive at all.
You can't find a coon foolish enough to live trap. They shake rattle and roll them around when they find them.
I don't think there's anyone around me that traps, so mine are the first they've seen. I do have to weigh them down with concrete though, or they will tip the cage over to knock the bait out and eat it without going in. I haven't caught any in a long while. The last one had the decency to sit under a cage eating spilled chicken feed for five minutes while I fetched the rifle and let the scope un-fog so I could take care of it. Such a thoughtful creature.

Back
Top Bottom