Name That Turtle!

Quote:
Haha!
gig.gif
I like that name!

you can tell gender by the color of their eyes and the length of their claws. (we've had a couple, one that was rescued road kill that we repaired and nursed back to health)

We currently have Tony the Turtle

but I think a good name would be...

Shelby or Shelton

My Daughter Has A Red Eared Slider Named Crush. So If Its A Boy I Like The Name Squirt Off Of Finding Nemo. that would probley work for a girl too

Last edited:
Gathering names. Thanks for all your suggestions!

We've done a bit of research on our turtle and believe it's a male about 13 years old (based on eye color, shell, tail length, etc...) He was potential road kill, except that my teen was able to stop herself in time. He now has an outdoor habitat that hubby built, will take pics sometime soon. I'm not sure what we plan to do with him. We'll see how it goes. The little one is enjoying learning about him right now (we're homeschoolers, we obsessively learn about everything! lol) but who knows. We might release him back where we found him (which is just around the corner) in a few weeks. I didn't find anywhere it saying that its illegal to pick up box turtles in Missouri. I'll keep checking though.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for those worrying if he was illegal to keep and being kept in a box in the basement. He is uber spoiled. He has lettuce, black and blueberries, tomatoes, fresh worms, fresh water, a sunny spot and a place to hide as well.

You all are so good at this naming thing! Keep it up. She'll choose a winning name by the weekend.

Quote:
I'm usually one of those guys that says release it right away but I will temper my comments a little.

It probably is illegal to keep it but . . .
I used to keep wild critters, usually reptiles, when I was younger. I would feed them, study them, enjoy them, then let them go.
You can get a lot of schooling mileage out this. Research it, find out what their habitat is, learn about the habitat, learn what its natural food is, find that food and feed it to him. Learn and experience and then let him go.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom