names

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Harmsody, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Harmsody

Harmsody Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2017
    Australia
    What are your chicken's names? I have Zanna and Zeel.

2. tmelber

tmelber Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2016
    Poteet, TX
    I love naming our chickens!

We have named ours:
    Peggy Carter
    Kara Zor-El
    The Cavalry
    Carol Danvers (she turned out to be a rooster)
    Death (after the Neil Gaiman character- she's the friendliest of all our chickens)
    Amy Pond
    Rose Tyler
    Rincewind

We're getting a new batch of day-olds in a couple weeks, and I'm already trying to brain storm a new set of names [​IMG]

3. Garden-fed Chic

Garden-fed Chic New Egg

Apr 22, 2017
    Ridgecrest, Ca
    This is one of our favorite things about having chickens. My grandchildren name our chickens. Crimson, Clover and Red; they are Rhode Island Reds. Chirper, Chirpette and Sweetie are Dominiques; Chirpette turned out to be a rooster. Lady, Princess, Cocoa and Ginger are an Easter Egger, Sicilian Buttercup and Lady's two babies (half Speckled Sussex). Speckles, Brownie, Spot, Gurly-Gurl and Crazy-Gurl are our Speckled Sussex chickens. We are incubating again this year. They are due to hatch today, but last years' hatch was a couple of days late, so these probably will be too. If I had read forum answers before the hatch I would have adjusted the incubator temperature. I didn't realize the thermometer could be off...oops.

4. Lady Mary, Lady Rosemond, Lady Violet, Mrs. Hughes, Mrs. Patmore, Poppit, Ms. Lorena, Ms. Moneypenny, Dorothy(Dot). My new chicks for this season (hold on I have a lot[​IMG]): Maudie, Millie, Vera,Sage & Olive, Clara, Daisy, Tiffany, Baby & Robin, Brigette, Coco & Simone. Unfortunately my tiny little Lakenvelder, Pearl, died this week.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  5. Harmsody

Harmsody Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2017
    Australia
    Love your names

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by