Naming birds

My six year old named the first four chicks we bought (with first, middle and last names) and drew portraits and wrote bios for all.

Then we recvd 32 chicks in the mail and she set out to the garage to do the same...unfortunately, difficult to manage this with 32 milling, mingling chicks so she decided to wait until they grow up a little. She was also unhappy that I could not tell her if they were boy chicks or girl chicks. She felt that this really impacted the naming process! She did however compile a list of potential names, just in case.

Ridgefire, do you have a hobby or special interest? For example, if you're a carpenter, you could give them tool names. Drill Bit! Hammerhead! A movie buff? Actors/actresses. An avid reader? Authors or characters. You get my drift. Maybe if it's something you're into, you'll come up with names more easily. If it's your wife insisting on names, let her think them up and keep them all straight! And if you happen to call a chicken by the wrong name . . . well, no harm done! It's all in fun.

Back
Top Bottom