Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Only the ones I’m not going to eat.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • No I don’t name them

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Only the ones I can tell apart.

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
All of mine have names, and other than the two white leghorns they are all different breeds or colors and easy to tell apart. I have leg bands on the leghorns to easily tell who is who.
I am thinking of putting bands on the chicks I’m getting just in case there’s a medical issues & I need to know which one to watch. 12 chicks of 4 breeds, I don’t want to mix them up! Hoping when they start growing I can take them off & tell them apart. Might have to paint toenails. 😂

All of mine have names, and other than the two white leghorns they are all different breeds or colors and easy to tell apart. I have leg bands on the leghorns to easily tell who is who.
My two leghorns were the only ones in 15 that I couldn't tell apart, so I just named them after the movie, "Two White Chicks." Now I can see a smudge on the tip of a tail feather, so their names are separated into, "Two Whi" and "ite Chicks".😁

All birds I plan on keeping have names.

Project birds don't always get names until I've decided if I'm keeping them or not, but there are always a few exceptions. Mainly eggs that I've given "placeholder" names to so I can remember better which is which, and then the chick keeps the name, and then the chick grows up to not be good for the project, and then suddenly Hilda has to be dinner/cat food.

Oh, and all mine get leg bands. I have Velcro ones for chicks that are easy to adjust while they're still growing, and them I swap them out for a colored zip tie with lettered/numbered beads once their legs are close enough to full size.
Thank you!

Our chickens are pets so they each have a name. They were named by my kids so we have a wide range lol. From anime characters to cutesy girlie names, to one that my youngest named after his own nickname rofl. Surprisingly their names fit their personalities even though they were named on day one.

My name's aren't particularly creative. 😊 The Sebrights are Millie and Willie. They were sold to me as Millie Fleurs, so ... The timid one is Millie. Willie is bolder - first to come running, first to take a treat from my hand. Twins otherwise!

Floppy and Stinky are white cochins, named for (1) a flop-over comb and (2) always giving the stinkeye to the Sebrights.

Buffy is a buff brahma and Rosie is a sweet partridge cochin. All bantams, all entertaining!

Back
Top Bottom