Naming help, horse.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Haviris, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Yes I am crazy, I bought another horse, I've had her for over a week and I just can't think of a name. Her registered name is Tahquechi Blue, previous owner called her Whiskey, owner before them called her Blue, I don't really think either name fits her, and just haven't been able to come up w/ anything I really like, that fits. (fair warning, I'm very picky!)

Here are some pics, not the best, sorry about that, so any suggestions?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    silver, and what a gorgous horse she is

3. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    I try looking up the colors or personality in another language,and see if that pops anything.[​IMG] Very nice!

4. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    She is gorgeous! Grulla and Grulla paint are some of my favorite colors. She has a beautiful head and looks to be put together really well, too.
    Azule is blue in spanish.

5. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

Is she quiet? DH always describes Grulla as a "mousey" color. Maybe Mouse.
    Then again Sweet Eyes. She looks so kind (very nice head by the way)
    L.B. short for line back.
    Then again I named my dog Pirate, get made fun of all the time on that one. And wanted to name my Black and white stud Tritico... I was shot down DH named him Kiowa.

6. KotaDVM

KotaDVM Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2009
    Gypsy
    Piper
    Roxy
    Mercedes
    Pistol
    Azure

7. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    What a beautiful horse! WOW! No name suggestions yet...just had to tell you I think she is really a looker! How old is she?

8. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    OMG OMG OMG!!! Your SOOOOOOOOO lucky!!!!! Ive been wanting a grullo paint!!! DARN YOU!!! LOL. Hmmm names names, well at school im studing greek gods and such so... *Athena, Hera, Artasia, Aphrodite, *Calypso, *Ambrosia, (penelope{penny}), Diana, Medusa, Venus. Then just some random names I thought up or saw someplace and I liked them... Farah, Mouse, Jessy, Sunami or storm, Falcon, Jeera (geer-uh), Flight, Nyx, Larena, Seneca... Well im done for now [​IMG]

9. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    Quote:I know someone that has a grulla overo weanling he in MN for sale..wont be cheap tho..

10. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    Haviris..nice horse..I tend to name all my animals good solid people names..of people I like,,then I just expect them to live up to that name and for some reason it always seems to work for me,,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by