Naming Prom Peeps?!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ClickCluckMoo, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Howdy BYC friends!

I've never, ever had trouble coming up with creative chicken names, but I recently acquired two chicks who I am simply stumped on! After hours of thinking not yielding result, I knew that asking you all was the best option. I need help before my head explodes!

The story behind these chicks is worth mention...
    Last week I went square dancing at our local square dance club (I'm such a country bumpkin ). Anyways, it was a pretty quiet night, not a bunch of people, no challenging steps. About halfway through, my partner snuck (or so he thought, I had no trouble spotting his departure) out and didn't come back for a few minutes. When he returned, he was carrying a wooden box with a coat draped over and he had the strangest look on his face. He made his way over to me and whisked off the coat, revealing two chirping chicks! He then announced, "You're the only chick I want to go prom with!" Ok, I know, super cheesy promposal, but I was touched that he remembered that I mentioned I love chickens (I suppose I may have mentioned it more than once... or a gazillion times). Of course I said yes, and now in a few weeks I'll be off to prom, but for now I've got to focus on naming my chicks!

They are Black Sex Link pullets, about a week old now. They are absolutely adorable, super curious, and stick together like glue. So... gimme the best names you've got, I'm really open to anything!

Thanks for the help!

~ClickCluckMoo~

drumstick diva likes this.
  2. BrindleFinch

BrindleFinch Songster

Mar 31, 2018
    Upstate, NY
    Probably a strange question - but what is your prom's theme? That might give some insight into good names for them!

What a cute story ^^

3. Good idea! I believe the theme is the 1920s...

P.S. We obtained a dress, so now I can direct all my focus to getting those chicks named!

4. BrindleFinch

BrindleFinch Songster

Mar 31, 2018
    Upstate, NY
    Eee! The Great Gatsby is set in that sort of time period... if you're a fan of the book, or even the names, perhaps you could go with Daisy, Jordan, or Myrtle?

Also, some 1920s slang/common terms that -might- work as names?
    Bearcat, Blooey, Bunny, Caper, Deb, Ducky or Egg :)gig), Flivver, Hopper, Jalopey, Jane, Java, Mazuma, Meringue, Milquetoast, Moonshine, Orchid, Owl, Palooka, Piffle, Razz, Ritz, Sheba, Spiff, or Smudge?

Maybe Ish and Kabibble :p

My 1920s name suggestions.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I like Ish & Kabibble, Used to hear my grandma talk about that

6. Thank you so much! These are all amazing! I'll let you know what I name them, and I'll try and share a picture of the peeps too.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Do Si Do
    Promenade
    Allemande
    Sashay
    Bella
    Gnat.
    :D

8. Clucking_Caramel

Clucking_Caramel Chirping