I am pretty paranoid myself LOL

Not paranoid, common sense!

Whatever camera you buy make sure the firmware (software) is up to date and make sure you change the default passwords.

I've removed the name of the website from this text, but it seems this well known directory is just scanning for cameras using the default credentials that are connected to the internet (it even states in their FAQ if you're camera has been listed you can ask them to remove it).

1620146057053.png

From their FAQ

If you do not want to contact us by e-mail, you can still remove your camera from xxx. The only thing you need to do is to set the password of your camera.

Not suggesting that website is illegal as many of the cameras are clearly live streaming of something interesting (birds nesting, etc), but just browsing around it and it's clearly connected to CCTV in shops and to someones hot tub ... I doubt any of these people know they are streaming live to the world wide web ...

1620146784451.png

Last edited:
Not paranoid, common sense!

Whatever camera you buy make sure the firmware (software) is up to date and make sure you change the default passwords.

I've removed the name of the website from this text, but it seems this well known directory is just scanning for cameras using the default credentials that are connected to the internet (it even states in their FAQ if you're camera has been listed you can ask them to remove it).

View attachment 2649131

From their FAQ

If you do not want to contact us by e-mail, you can still remove your camera from xxx. The only thing you need to do is to set the password of your camera.

Not suggesting that website is illegal as many of the cameras are clearly live streaming of something interesting (birds nesting, etc), but just browsing around it and it's clearly connected to CCTV in shops and to someones hot tub ... I doubt any of these people know they are streaming live to the world wide web ...

View attachment 2649161
Not only are the streaming, but it provides their latitude/longitude.

Not wireless...my husband is running fiber optic cables out to the coop and run for our “chicken tv”. I also have a dedicated monitor on my PC to have cam views up at all times in the office space (it’s the dining room, but we’ve converted to full office space for me and the 2 kids, we never ate at a table anyway). This pic is a screenshot on my phone though, so I can watch them wherever I might be.

Attachments

• A657E198-0016-4DFD-B11A-DDB72DBD2A07.png
    A657E198-0016-4DFD-B11A-DDB72DBD2A07.png
    3 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom