Nap Time

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by thomi, Feb 20, 2009.

1. thomi

thomi Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2008
    Elgin, SC
    Day two and the babies are doing great. We just couldn't help to notice than when they are ready to nap they just fall over [​IMG] This was right after we tidyed up the brooder this morning.

[​IMG]

If I wasn't already off work from surgery I would probably be taking vacation just to stay home and watch the fun.

Thom

2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    AWWWW!!! How sweet! [​IMG]

3. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I honestly remember the first time I saw them do that... err... *cough mumble* 40 *cough* or so years ago *cough grumble* I thought they'd keeled over and died!!! I know if BYC had been around I'd have been one of those HELLLLPPPP!!!! OH NO!!!! MY CHICKS ARE DIEING!!!! people.

They're so cute when they do it though and I was always scared they'd do it right into the waterer! They never did though, and those 'Sears and Roebuck' catalog chicks did great and I learned so much every single day.

4. thomi

thomi Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2008
    Elgin, SC
    You are right Portage, that is one of the best things about BYC and the information age. It sure makes us feel secure being able to read everyone else's stories and knowing what to expect.

5. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I love watching mu button quail do that...they do drown when they hit the water...and then suddenly they all jump up run around the aquarium...eat drink....chase each oher for another lap and then group huddle for a nap...repeat every 2 sec!! I love 'em.

6. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Awwwwww...............so precious!!! I had this hoorrible urge to say shhhhhhhhhhhhh

7. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Awww! I almost died from cutness overload when I saw my first baby fall on her head with her bum up in the air and go to sleep [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by