narr tom x palm hen

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

As long as there are no other hidden color genes in them, all your offspring from this breeding will turn out looking like Narrs, but carry the blackwing palm gene. A royal palm already has the Narr gene so combining it to the Narr of the tom will result in all Narr poults.

but carry the blackwing palm gene

Just a technicality, and I know Turkaholic knows this, but there isn't really a balck-winged palm gene. The offspring will have one balck-winged gene (paired with an ordinary bronze-based gene) and one palm gene (paired with a dominant "not-palm" gene).​

Quote:
Just a technicality, and I know Turkaholic knows this, but there isn't really a balck-winged palm gene. The offspring will have one balck-winged gene (paired with an ordinary bronze-based gene) and one palm gene (paired with a dominant "not-palm" gene).

Correct Lager, I should have written blackwing/palm or "blackwing and a palm". Those interested in turkey color genetics should also visit Kevin Porters website www.portersturkeys.com or his yahoo group , turkey color genetics. I believe he joined BYC recently.

Back
Top Bottom