Narragansett Turkeys, Anyone?

We've had four of them. The best breed of turkey we've ever owned! Wonderful personalities, good layers, friendly toms. But best of all the a BEAUTIFUL!

I have wanted Narragansetts for so long. Decided this spring that I'd get me a trio...

Seems the hatchery is having trouble with the chicks this year. I've been to my local farm & ranch store 3 times to pick up my little turkeys and they've been canceled each time.

Anyone know of a local hatchery in Colorado that has this breed?

I've been breeding Narragansetts for the last few years, maintaining a small flock between 3-10 birds. They are great, very hardy and independent, curious, intelligent, and extremely docile. My original stock (of which I still have my main tom and one hen) spent the first two years of their lives refusing to use their pen, instead roosting in a small tree by the chicken coop straight through some nasty New England winters with zero protection. Great birds!

I raise Narragansett Turkeys. They are very sweet tempered and social birds. I raise them with my chickens in an open pasture, with laying house for the hens and a separate barn w/night roosts for the turkeys. They don't like sleeping where they spend the daytime. They are a heritage bird and really need to forage in a large area for bugs and plants and they need oyster shell and access to rock or grit for digestion.

I have a male and 5 mature females. They breed naturally.

Mine nest in the grasses or under blackberry. I often collect half the clutch for eating. delicious.

Incredible birds
and beautiful, and make great mothers to their chicks. They raise the chicks away from the flock for about 7 weeks and then bring them back to integrate with the others. It seems to be a process.

Back
Top Bottom