Nasty discharge on rear end ..Graphic PICS!!!

Snowballs rear was bad again today. Does anyone know of any home remedies i could. try.I wont be able to go to town for a while. Could I use Porters salve instead of neosporin.Its kind of like a drawing salve.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
If you use peroxide dilute it with lot of water as peroxide on its own will destroy healthy tissue. Soaking her in a saline solution could also help. Does that stuff come back everyday? Or is it just stuck on her? I would again check for mites they may have bored into her skin there. Soaking in saline solution for 20 minutes daily will draw out an inferction.

Could it be vent gleet? http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/6/6-2/the_answer_man.html

What
is Porters Salve and what is in it?

Last edited:
Vent Gleet IS a YEAST infection. Symptoms are characteristically hard to pin down as it seems like it could be any or many disease. It certainly wouldnt hurt to try washing her in epsom salts and water every day and applying some of that antifungal treatment recommended in first page by some people. The only thing consistent about symptoms for diagnosis is they are inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom