National Coming Out Day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kevin565, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    It's that day of the year again! Congrats to all the people who have chosen to come out of the closet this year. While this holiday is predominantly celebrated by the LGBT community I truly believe this is a holiday for everyone. The closet does not always just refer to the hiding being Lesbian,Gay,Bisexual, or Transgender. It can also apply to people who feel that they must hide pieces of themselves to fit into society. Today is a reminder that you should feel free to be who you are no matter what.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

It's long past due, to end bigotry, hatred and intolerance.

Imp

3 people like this.
  4. griffinkid02

griffinkid02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    You know, I've been a member on here for MONTHS now, and tonight was the first time it ever occured to me to search and see if there were any threads or conversations where us gay guys and gals actually openly talked about it.... I always just assumed that that any gay chicken people kept it to ourselves in order to not ruffle the feathers. Guess I still have a little ways to go as far as being out, [​IMG]

5. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    The most unpleasant people I meet are those hiding aspects of themselves. Huge thanks and congrats to those with the courage to be themselves.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The plain and simple acceptance of people for WHO they are and how they conduct their lives. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    Quote:I second both of the above thoughts and I really love that flag!!

1 person likes this.
  8. 3littlebirds

3littlebirds Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2010
    I think it's great that a holiday like this exists. As someone young who is not out yet to many people, it's encouraging to know that there will be support when I do decide to.

2 people like this.
  9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Even if you are not completely out you may consider attending your local LGBT group's meetings. They can be a great support system for people especially young people.
    We've actually had a few LGBT threads but unfortunately they usually end up in a argument among members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by