Native American Heritage Anyone?

Ohlone on my mothers side... We can trace the lineage back to Manuel Butrón, who came to California and married an Ohlone girl named Margarita María Dominguez.

I'm probably one of hundreds of thousands of Native Californians who can trace their lineage as far back as these two specific people.

We have a long running joke in my family as to whether or not we're Mexican Indian or Native American... rofl.

My grandma says that since the Mexican Indians (from Mexico, you know) didn't come into the mix until about 100 years ago, that we're not Mexican, but Native American....

I say... IT WAS ALL MEXICO IN THE BEGINNING ANYWAY. It's just the difference between Northern Californian Natives and more... southerly Natives. *shrug*

hmmm,
interesting question

if I had to say, i'm a New Englander, native to Maine, which is in N. America, so
i guess that counts... else the indigenous tribes of this western hemisphere north of
the equator would be called (something? else)

my tribes are Scot, Irish, ...(only my DNA knows for sure)

sub-tribe, clan or tribe to some are from the Isle of Skye

God Bless Earth

I am also a little Native American. I think it was Cherokee..but I don't know which tribe or language.

Just something that might interest some of you...

I remember my Grandmother telling me that there were many different words for a woman as she grew. HOwever, most grown woman were called a "Giver of life". A grown man was called "The Protector of Life". I wish I could remember the actual names in the native language. The meaning of man and woman had so much meaning.

you can add me to the list... 1/16 black foot
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom