Natural Garlic Juice for hens

Pamphee

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 2, 2012
Orastie,Romania
In 1.5 liters of water put 8 large garlic cloves peeled and finely crushed. Add 1 teaspoon honey on the first day and let it soak. After 1-2 days more shake it well, after 7 days add a teaspoon of honey and a large chopped onion, after 4-5 days put a teaspoon of honey and after about 3 weeks is ready, drain it of coarse pulp, squeeze 2 lemons and keep it in the fridge. I use the following formula : 1st of the month give apple cider vinegar in water 10 ml / liter and the 15th of the month garlic juice 5ml/litre give in water ,this mixtures do not let more than 2 days. After they are given water. Ps: do not mix garlic juice with apple cider vinegar because will not have results.

*in all this time shake well this mixture every two days

sorry for may bad english, i am from Romania.

Well since I make sure my flock doesnt get onions or garlic, I haven't personally experienced it. I have however read in multiple books and places online including the BYC that say feeding garlic and onions can give an "off" taste to the eggs.
This is an excerpt from the Treat Chart thread , page 3 post #25
"I wish I had the answer to this. Maybe it's while a plant can be listed on the toxic list, it might be that just a part of it is not advisable to consume, such as the seeds, pit, skin, root, etc. Hopefully DLHunicorn will know why cabbage was on that list.
But lots of responsible chicken owners do the cabbage tetherball thing to keep their chickens occupied during the winter.
Personally, the only thing bad I've read about feeding cabbage is that it (like onions and garlic) can make the eggs taste "off"."

I'm always up for learning things, I just have heard this so many times, I figured it was true.

Just editing to add that it was post #24 by Buff Hooligans not 25 oops.

Last edited:
Well since I make sure my flock doesnt get onions or garlic, I haven't personally experienced it. I have however read in multiple books and places online including the BYC that say feeding garlic and onions can give an "off" taste to the eggs.
This is an excerpt from the Treat Chart thread , page 3 post #25
"I wish I had the answer to this. Maybe it's while a plant can be listed on the toxic list, it might be that just a part of it is not advisable to consume, such as the seeds, pit, skin, root, etc. Hopefully DLHunicorn will know why cabbage was on that list.
But lots of responsible chicken owners do the cabbage tetherball thing to keep their chickens occupied during the winter.
Personally, the only thing bad I've read about feeding cabbage is that it (like onions and garlic) can make the eggs taste "off"."

I'm always up for learning things, I just have heard this so many times, I figured it was true.
Personally, I've never experienced something like that. My hens used to free-range during the day, and who knows what they picked up and managed to get down. My eggs never tasted off.
idunno.gif

Garlic juice is very beneficial to the following:
* Salmonella;
* Canker;
* Vermicide;
* Natural antibiotic;
* Respiratory Diseases
* Stimulates the immune system

I recommend echinacea as immunostimulant.
Echinacea tincture, 10 drops / liter water / day for 2-3 days regularly.

I always used natural prescription to prevent or treat certain diseases of chickens.I've never considered antibiotics first line of defense against disease,basically antibiotics destroy the bird's natural defense system,antibiotics should be kept and used as a last resort.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom