Natural (i.e. dirty) Silkies?

Bellatrixed

Songster
7 Years
Jan 19, 2013
Does anyone have any pictures of Silkies (preferably white ones) that *haven't* been recently bathed and blowdried? I have an order of white Silkies coming next month and I'm starting to wonder if they're just going to be wretched little mud balls or if there's hope for them to look Silkie-ish without bathing them more often than I bathe my dogs.
lol.png

The floor of their coop will be sand, and they will have a decent sized grassy fenced yard to roam in during the day. Any thoughts on if this is a disaster in the making? I don't care about show quality or perfectly clean chickens, but a few comments I've read about Silkies have left me wondering if they won't be filthy and matted 24/7 without bathing lol. I'll love them regardless, just curious!

I have owned tons of chicken breeds but never Silkies to maturity. I brooded a bunch of Silkie chicks a long time ago and sold them, that's it! I'm super excited for them, though.

We just bought our first lot of silkies. Actually they're our first chicks ever. We have 1 white One and I just assumed he/she would always look beautifully white and fluffy! Now I'm picturing a ragged looking ball of mud. Hmmm...

thepouts - I'm worried too! lol

Based on what I've seen, clean, dry bedding should "help" but apparently all of the pretty fluffy pictures I've been seeing are show chickens. Anyone have any pics?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom