Natural remedies to help chook that got too cold and wet until the roads clear

As long as she continues to improve I think all will resolve in time.

One thought about the poo....

You mentioned corn. (I give mine some as a treat so not judging at all)
What feed is she on? Is it vastly different than the feed she had before you got her?
I ask since she is a relatively new bird to you and may be having trouble with changes.

As long as she continues to improve I think all will resolve in time.

One thought about the poo....

You mentioned corn. (I give mine some as a treat so not judging at all)
What feed is she on? Is it vastly different than the feed she had before you got her?
I ask since she is a relatively new bird to you and may be having trouble with changes.
Layer Pellets is main food. With the odd table scrap of corn, peas and pumpkin. It is possible they have never expereniced veg before. I got a photo of her poo finally and have cleaned her up (the brown bit in middle of poo wad bit of grass). Currently she is enjoying baking in the warm sun and having a drink.
20210611_130430.jpg

Dealing with messy bottoms is no fun.

I would just try to keep her cleaned up and keep an eye on her. If she is super fluffy back there a trim might help keep her cleaned up.

It's hot here so fly strike is a worry with messy bums. With you going into winter washing the bottoms is harder and can lead to a chilled bird. If you have to wash her get her all dried up before putting her back outside.
I have used a large dog airline crate to confine a freshly washed bird in winter. A blow dryer used on the low/cool setting can speed things along.

Back
Top Bottom