Nature's Hatchery?????

Whiskey Bay

Songster
9 Years
May 24, 2010
Mississippi Gulf coast
This hatchery has some chicks that I would like to order.I don't care much for their prices,but they have some that ideal is out of stock on until next year.I am wanting to make an order but I would really like input from ya'll.Has anyone ordered from them? How was the experience? HELP!!!...lol....

I got my order from them last week. Quite a few of the chicks I wanted (Marans, all the LF cochins) were not available, as were about 2/3 of the runners. THey would have held it longer for me, but I wanted the order to ship earlier rather than later b/c it was a consolidated order (for more people than just me), and it was more important to me that THEIR chicks come than mine. I lost 3 out of 47 - one DOA, and two died later. The rest seem happy and healthy. The EEs are BEYOND busybodies
smile.png
Kinda hard to get any customer service, and the site said that they would call when my chicks shipped, but my first indication that they had actually shipped (Two weeks early!) was the e-mail stating what was in my final order - the evening before they arrived at the PO.

I just got an order in from them yesterday after a month of delays...
I had a very small order of 4 each different breeds ( Orloff, brown Leghorn, SLW, Partridge rock)

They shipped out Tue. got the call they were in Wed. 8:18 pst.
Partridge DOA (the Orloff and leghorn, look too similar for me to tell apart but there was an extra one of these) so of these THREE, two were not too good and one died hours later, leaving a recovering/runt Leghorn or Orloff (cant tell the difference) and another who is strong but poop is sometimes really watery. And last but not least the SLW fine and thriving!

Over all.. They were hard to get of hold of so any time I called i made sure it was during business hrs. and if i got the machine i kept calling.. but because of the distance i may not order chicks through the mail, will look into eggs, but I think if you order enough to stay warm and are willing to pay the price, like i was to get so little chicks and the Orloff (
fl.gif
I HOPE
fl.gif
I HOPE
fl.gif
), Then they should be good.. some one said they drop ship but my shipping label has their name and address so maybe some more research if that would be a problem.

Hope that helps some...

Last edited:
i received my order of 26 chicks about 1.5 weeks ago. they all arrived safely none were lost. they are all doing fine. only one had a slight problem of pasty butt that cleared up and now is developing a little slower. besides that they are all extremely healthy. more healthier than the ones at the feed store.
big_smile.png
i recommend them
big_smile.png

Well,I made an order with them last night.They had quite a few chicks I wanted ,however I only ordered 4 different kinds for now.A total of like 35 chicks so hopefully they will do good.They had the Old English Quail Bantams that I can't find anywhere else so I couldn't resist.Depending on my transaction experience will determine if I order the rest I want.I will let you guys know how it goes...

I had a very good experience with them...although I only ordered 13. They were very nice and easy to deal with. If I couldn't get ahold of them by phone, I would email them and someone would get back with me either by email or phone within 24, which I think is pretty darn good. I ordered them in April, and got them in May...all 4 of the breeds of which I wanted. I would order from them again...as a newbie...this was a great experience.

Well I contacted them by phone to check on my order.The guy said they may or may not be able to fill my order because of it being so late in the season.I only ordered 4 diff types of Old English,but he said all of those were "Iffy"..He wanted me to chose substitutions for them if they can't fill the original order.I told him I didn't want any others.If I did I would have ordered them? Right?Well....we'll see if I get my order....
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom