NE Ohio newbie to BYC

Quote:
I used to live in Weathersfield Township, now I live in Hubbard Township. Something about country living that I love.

welcome-byc.gif

Glad to have you here!
frow.gif

Quote:
I used to live in Weathersfield Township, now I live in Hubbard Township. Something about country living that I love.

I have a lawn care service, and take care of a few properties in Hubbard. I love that area.

Welcome! I'm glad to see so many Ohioans here. We live in Champion Township. I hope things are going well with your new chicks!

Welcome to the boards! Enjoy your new peeps.I am in Mahoning county in NE Ohio.

So tempting to get more chickens. I am wishing for a roo since ours died.Doesn't the 6 min extend to ducks,or is it only the chicks?

Well we got the chicks in on Mon. We originally ordered 25 Light Brahmas from McMurray. When our order arrived, we only had one death. It just happened to be the "rare exotic" free chick. However, as we were unpacking them, we counted 26 Brahmas. Well today is Weds. and all 26 chicks are doing well. We are trying to introduce our 3 mallard ducklings and our peeps, but the ducklings are a week old and are picking on the younger chicks. So I just bought a small roll of hardware cloth and am going to put up a fence in the large brooder I built, ducks on one side and chicks on the other. Hopefully this will allow them to get used to each other so at some point we can keep them together.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom