nearly 6 weeks old now what do you reckon *PICS UPDATE*

I was looking at some pics and she sure does look like a black maran ,i wanted orps the roo in the first pic was apparently an orp to
barnie.gif
but im pretty sure he isnt , but never mind she is a gorgeous wee girl sooooo friendly and i noticed when the sun shines on her feathers she has a tint of green its so cool

there is no marans in NZ... yours is either an orpington or an australorp, some family/ lines carry the slow feathering gene and if they do, then the roosters are late feathered while the hens will feather quicker.

oh real so she prob is an orpington thats what my chicken breeder told me both those two were he was just surprised at the colouring of the first chick not realy sure what that one is do you have any ideas i know its a roo but would love to know what kind
hu.gif

i was looking at the black and the mixed coloured this morning and the black has just about fully feathered she looks gorgeous but the roo still has a wee way to go they were hatched on the same day in the same incubator ,his back feathers are still waiting to come through looks well funny
gig.gif
but the wee black one looks awesome and she is so sweet comes running to me when i open the bedroom door i realy hope she is a she
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom