Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Quote:
That's Great News!!! Congratulations!!!!!
woot.gif
to Omaha!!!

Quote:
TSC has chicks this time of year, along with Orschlyns (Sp?).
Nice to see sooo many people from NE!

Bomgarrds in Plattsmouth also has chicks.

I have a friend I gave 2 doz eggs to for a school hatching project. If they hatch, the middle of the month you can have some as she is giving them back to me,. ?????????????????????

We went to TSC last night and they still had some chicks, but they had no feed for them. Goofy! They thought it might be in today.

I will have to check out Bomgarrds! Chicks are a great excuse for an afternoon drive and to learn more about the area!

Please let me know if the school project hatches! Thank you!!!!

I am so excited about the chickens and my garden! I honestly just LOVE living here! (Ok...the tornado thing is a bit much and really makes me so nervous but other than that life really is great here!)

You'll get used to tornado season.
hugs.gif

Welcome to Nebraska! You'll have to head out to "greater Nebraska" (which is anything not in the Omaha/Lincoln area) when you get a chance. There's lot's to see in this state dispite what the East Coast and West Coast people say.
wink.png

Yes, you need to!! Nebraska is beautiful! We have a cabin in Long Pine it's called Hidden Paradise and it's got some great history to the area. There's a creek that runs through the cabin area like a "lazy river" and we tube down it or the kids just love to wade in it.

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you promise that I will get used to it? LOLOL This afternoon I was just getting started putting up some fencing for my garden and poof we were under tornado watch. I am just not sure what to trust. So I went in the house and ironed! LOLOL Do you do anything special with/for your chickens during a tornado watch or warning? Like should I keep the chicken tractor chained to a tree or something?
hmm.png
My 9 year old daughter was asking me last night at dinner if a tornado comes do we get to bring the chickens into the basement with us...LOLOL

We are looking forward to camping this summer and seeing NE. I really do love it here! I have lived on both the coasts and honeslty this is the best!

Joann
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom