Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Quote:
That's soo true!! I do send the kids to the basement though for them to hide while I look!!
hide.gif

This is my 1st year with chickens, but I can tell you I'm not bringing 25 chickens, 3 ducks, 2geese, 2horses and a dog all down to the basement!! I'll just be praying that they all seek shelter and ride out the storm!!!
fl.gif

We've had a mild spring here in central NE. (knock on wood).

During a watch I keep a close eye on the sky and the radar. I try to batten down the hatches on the coop if I need to. But, when we end up in a warning, the chickens and the geese will stay outside and we'll pray for the best like we always do.
fl.gif

I am in Omaha! Just got some chicks and wondering about permits...ya I should have done that first but I have seen others with chickens in Omaha just need to get a permit.

Ok..I hope to be as brave as you guys one day about the tornado's. They just scare the daylights out of me. Hmmmm...maybe I will build a bomb shelter for my hens....ROFL
lau.gif

We did get some chicks...they are just so darn cute! They are eating and drinking and pooping well!

MeesterMama, I hope you got the info I emailed you. It really was easy! I am jelous, I want to see others in town that have chickens too! Maybe we can get more folks interested in having urban chickens!

I hope everyone is having a Terrific Tuesday!

Joann
smile.png

Catnip I'm in Hampton -6 miles east of Aurora. This is my first year with chickens and I find my house work lacking because I'm in the barn all the time. Had my first baby chick hatch from a broody a week ago sat!
ya.gif
Two more broodies to go, one this week and one in about 15 days
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom