Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
Welcome, Iceman!

One these days, I'd like to do a meet and greet ..... check out everybody's set-ups .....  talk chicken .... the only family member here that is all intersested is my youngest, and her attention span rivals a chicken's, at times .....

She did collect 4 eggs today while I was at work, but forgot to check the feeder ..... starving girls at 6PM ....
my daughter is the same. She likes the chickens but has lost interest. The rhode islands use to steal stuff from her a lot. It was funny but i think she got fed up with it.

Agree, and you don't have to tell me. I live on branched oak lake. I see more migratory birds than most. But, i don't worry about AI. I worry about all the other crap that can come from other animal farms. (I've seen some nasty places. And DS works at the zoo with exotics, so we are ultra careful so bugs don't go either direction. Plus, the signs keep lokie loos offthe property. Lol.

WthrLady, Your listed location"Middle of Everwhere" sums it t up pretty well, rom an an avian bio-sec standpoint......

though if you were in, say..... Holderidge or Elm Creek ..... that'd be a little closer to Ground Zero .........

My thouthgts on the matter of bird pathogens and Govermentmet Regs are that things (Regs) seem sto be skewed toward the proftability of the big Corporations, and a by product of that is a loss of Liberty by the little guys ....... given my druthers, I'druther have a million small farmers all rolling out eggs at varing levels of efficeincy, and quality, selling locally ...... than 3 or 4 corporations doing whatever is necesessary to make a market forecast expectation, ethical or not ........ in the former case, feedback is quick and effective .... in the latter? You can always buy more marketing and a politician or three .......

Hi, OrganicFarmWife!

Here I thought I'd at least heard of, if not been to every town in Nebraska ..... Dewitt, yes ...... Decatur yeah ...... ..... Deweese? That's a new one to me!

Tell me about Deweese, please!

Hi, OrganicFarmWife!
The town is best known for having a giant demo derby every year. But that is in the distant past, now it is just a one church, two bar town.

Here I thought I'd at least heard of, if not been to every town in Nebraska ..... Dewitt, yes ...... Decatur yeah ...... ..... Deweese?  That's a new one to me!

Hi, OrganicFarmWife!
It was best known for having a giant demo derby every year. but that is in the distant past, now it is just a 1 church, 2 bar, town.

Here I thought I'd at least heard of, if not been to every town in Nebraska ..... Dewitt, yes ...... Decatur yeah ...... ..... Deweese?  That's a new one to me!

Back
Top Bottom