Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

LOL! Good point, wthrLady!

But, to answer mg15, the state budget is a disaster, vital services keep getting cut further and further, and they seem to be trying to kill public schools; I just retired from teaching. I don't want to enumerate the details, but teachers across the state feel persecuted by the governor (Brownback) and the legislature. That's more politics than I normally discuss with anyone, so let's just say I'm ready to get outta "Brownbackistan".

Besides, Nebraska has HILLS! Wichita is flat, and I had to pay a yearly permit to have no more than 12 chickens. Phooey on that!
I like flat but your right Kansas is too flat. Nebraska is prettier and you can have more girls.

My sister sent me this pic- it's so true!

Yay!

How's eveyone doing? Garden is a fail this year. Hail set us back a month. Tomatoes are slow. May just pick green and store.

Just started getting cukes two weeks ago.

Chooks doing great. Cockerel singing away. His sisters starting to lay. They've all enjoyed fattening on hoppers in the cut hayfield.

Preesure canning baked beans today.

Have a great day all.

The egg code jumber is a simple form and phone call to Lincoln. The link is on my blog. I'll dig it out and come back and post it.

Eggs must be freshly gathered, washed, steriled, and placed in new cartons and kept refrigerated. No unwashed room temp eggs allowed.

Labels must be new and have your name, address, phone number, egg code number and size/grade on them, and the date processed.

Each carton must also have the FDA egg warning on them and that has to be a specific size, size font, within a black line box, clearly visible on the carton.

Yup candle them. I made a candle box. You're looking for meat spots or developing eggs. Must customers don't give a fig about meat spots and my eggs are too fresh and then washed for any chick development.

Last edited:
It's in this post. Click and download the pdf from nebraska.

http://dunrovinstation.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-homegrown-by-heroes-label.html?m=1

Read and understand it. Call the number on page one and be prepared to be bounced via phone all over the building. The do so few of them them, the people that anser don't know what to do with you'll. My brain says the guys name is steve. Lol

Anyway, person will take your info make sure you know and understand the rules and assign you your number over the phone.

All the egg people around me don't bother with the egg code number, just sell from the front yard, but I don't want to get in trouble. Lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom