Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
Quote:
Denise,

I am Denise also. We started our small flock with a BO, SLW, and a BA. The Slw succumbed to a raccoon attack, but the BA and BO are very sweet. A little more skittish since the attack, but who could blame them! The BO is my sons and she visited school this spring. Those city kids didn't know what to think about chickens in the city.
As far as docile the BO is awesome, can't go wrong (Thanks to chickenjenny for suggesting)

Good luck...

Denise

lau.gif
I am shocked my husband didn't leave me when I ordered "maggots" from Georgia!!!!
lau.gif

Quote:
Buff Orpingtons are a nice calm breed. The neighborhood kids all come running to pet mine. I also have a little black banty that's like my lap dog. Thought it was a she, but turned out to be a he!

Hey ya'll, I'm in Gothenburg. I have 2 buff orpington hens who just started laying yesterday *happy dance* (started out with 3, but 1 was a rooster, so Petey got to go live on a farm outside of North Platte), 2 white rock plymouths and a little black banty, whom I recently found out is another rooster.

Anyone here attending the swap meet at Love-A-Lop farm in Allen, NE next weekend?

Not sure what we are taking yet, but if anyone is looking for something we have, I can bring it along to pick up there.

Randy

Wildsky good to see you back on here.
I have be MIA for a while this summer but all is good here. Weather was great for State Fair and garden is still going strong. Chickens are loving the cooler weather...I am dreading the cold that I know is coming!

Quote:
OUR WEBSITE
http://savebellevuechickens.weebly.com/

We have an ordinance in the Zoning Codes that ALLOWS chickens, but for some reason they want to change it to NONE!

EMAIL our City Council Members - if you feel so inclined, please take just a couple minutes to send a NICE, KIND, short note to these Council Members asking them to allow Chickens to remain in Bellevue. THANK YOU!!!

***NO MEAN EMAILS*** Only kind & genuine emails ....do not harm our cause by being nasty. THANK YOU!

Save time, send ONE email to all....End it with your FIRST NAME & Last INITIAL
***Do NOT list your TOWN - emails from people out of town will be ignored!!**

Scott Houghtaling
[email protected]

Steve Knutson
[email protected]

Don Preister
[email protected]

Kathy Saniuk
[email protected]

Carol Blood
[email protected]