Neck band question

Jun 29, 2018
Seen this goose with a neck band at the same lake I go to everyday, woohoo he be from another state or possibly Canada? Never seen any neck banded ones around here.. don’t even know if they do that around here either..

Attachments

• 42083E67-1305-4B81-ABF8-C03BCB4E6EDD.jpeg
    42083E67-1305-4B81-ABF8-C03BCB4E6EDD.jpeg
    730.1 KB · Views: 13
Jun 29, 2018
I hope that's a band and not trash. They're probably watching it to see how far It travels. You could contact your local game and parks, they may be looking for it.
What do u mean by trash? Do u know if there is a website to put that number in and see where that goose could of came from? Cause I actually seen two of them with the neck bands and I’ve never seen them before.

Big Red Roosters

Songster
Nov 7, 2018
United States of America
What do u mean by trash? Do u know if there is a website to put that number in and see where that goose could of came from? Cause I actually seen two of them with the neck bands and I’ve never seen them before.
By trash I mean trash that people throw out and litter everywhere. If you've seen two then I'm sure it was put on them legally. I doubt there's a website, you should get in contact with a local game and parks if you want to know more. Otherwise there's not much you can do. It could be a breeding pair they've been tracking, who knows.

paneubert

Songster
Nov 20, 2015
Snohomish County, Washington State
My Coop
My Coop
Oddly enough, this is run by the USGS.

"Report a bird with a federal band or color marker"

https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBL/bblretrv/

Check out the examples at.....
Neck Bands or Collars

Collars are cylinders of hard plastic that come in different colors. Collars may have 3 or 4 characters on them. Codes may be vertical, horizontal, or some combination. The letters, numbers, and other symbols may be highly stylized to allow for easier separation of similar characters.

https://www.usgs.gov/centers/pwrc/s...ce_center_objects=0#qt-science_center_objects

Top Bottom