Necropsy *warning- graphic!*

Agree the liver doesn't look good. Could have been cancer or lymphoid leukosis. Did you by chance look at the bones in her feet/toes where bumblefoot had been an issue? Depending on the severity of any of that, it's possible that it got in the bones there (osteomyelitis) and infection spread. Just a thought. This has some pictures of what that might look like:
https://watermark.silverchair.com/p...JE3JS2NwhgomaAwUR6KEj969RGlTS-K_cHgi1jPEA30Cw
In her last few days I was wondering about this. I have always been afraid it would happen as it was so recurring.
I didn't look at the bones, I had a good inspection of her feet exterior though and was surprised at how good they were compared to how they have been at times. Perhaps it got in there anyway.

Cat food in diet may have shot here kidneys, way to much protein for birds. Daily pain medication may have taken out liver or kidneys depending on what you used.
As to original crippler, I have no idea.
Yes cat food is not recommended. I was giving her 2 cubes of wet cat food per day, sliced up, to drop .8ml of rheumocam onto for her pain (agreed with vet). I don't regret it as it seemed to help her greatly and I suspected she would not be with us for long. I was greatly surprised by how long she did live given her ailments.

Yes cat food is not recommended. I was giving her 2 cubes of wet cat food per day, sliced up, to drop .8ml of rheumocam onto for her pain (agreed with vet). I don't regret it as it seemed to help her greatly and I suspected she would not be with us for long. I was greatly surprised by how long she did live given her ailments.
Actually she also got 1/4 aspirin per day so yes, a lot of medication.

I didn’t see any evidence of kidney problems in the photos. Generally, there will be white urate crystals on various organs, including the kidneys if there is disease. Here are some pics of kidney disease and gout with urates deposited on organs
upload_2019-4-24_13-38-32.jpeg

Urates on kidneys

upload_2019-4-24_13-40-18.jpeg

Urates on liver and heart

Back
Top Bottom