Need 100% Authentic Rhode Island Red

mealphamale

Chirping
Jan 19, 2019
Hi, Im planning to start my own chicken farm and what really brought me to this forum is a search for Heritage Rhode Island Red Chicken. I was searching for 100% authentic Heritage Rhode Island Red Chicken for every long but then I saw a thread in here talking about it. I really want to buy 100% authentic Rhode Island Red Chicken.

Im from India and Im willing to pay good price for these chickens. I can buy local Rhode Island Red Chickens but they are NOT 100% authentic. Im okay with anything, chicken or chick or eggs. I just need them asap!

Question: What is "Rose Comb Rhode Island Red"? Is this the original Rhode Island Red?

Question: What is "Rose Comb Rhode Island Red"? Is this the original Rhode Island Red?
Rose comb RIR is the same, just has a rose comb, better in cold climates that deal with frostbite.
And that's a good question. I really don't know which came first, rose or straight comb? I imagine both being they have Malay in their ancestry.
Here in the USA RIR's from hatcheries are commonly not the pure heritage birds. There is though plenty of breeders that have the real deal.

Good luck!

Idk what standered r in India but a PB rir is yellow legs red single comb and a dark red feather these r more show quality
And then theres hybrid rir which r light brown with all size combs big small and yellow or orange these r best for eggs

Back
Top Bottom