Need a Cleaner Watering System

Any time you leave more of a volume of "Standing water" in buckets, drums etc, you run the risk of bacteria scum build up, especially in warm weather. If you have enough chickens to use the Nipples fast enough to keep it from slimming, then your out there filling the thing back up all the time..Im lazy, and i want "Fresher" water for my chicks...Auto fill, no leaky nipples for them to learn to use, easy clean, with drain valve. works for me 100%. Only drawback for others may be if its placed outside, in cold weather.where this system is in my coop.

Attachments

• IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    431.7 KB · Views: 37
I also like the horizontal chicken nipples. My girls took right to them and you don't have to worry about setting the bucket down and breaking them like the vertical ones

I recently had to replace the watering bucket for my hens so bought the nipple kind. The hens won't go near it. Any suggestions on how to teach them to peck at it?

I've done that and it seemed like one or two kind of got it but can't tell if they are using it. I still have a bin of water available to them and I know they are using that. Should I take that away? I'm afraid that they wouldn't use the new feeder and then they'd be without water.

I've done that and it seemed like one or two kind of got it but can't tell if they are using it. I still have a bin of water available to them and I know they are using that. Should I take that away? I'm afraid that they wouldn't use the new feeder and then they'd be without water.

I use the horizontal nipples and put the bucket on cinder block(s) to raise it up a bit to make it easier for them to drink. I can tell from the wet cinder block below the nipples that they are using it. Also, if some get it, all will because they watch and learn from each other..

make sure you remove all other sources of water, they have to be motivated to learn. mine picked it up right away once they got thirsty. the red color of the nipple is very attractive to them, they start pecking it and water starts coming and voila!

this one is my favorite so far, you can see the water level from the outside but it doesn't let UV in so no algae build up. it has a simple cap in the lid that allows a hose for filling without removing the larger lid. for some reason these nipples don't leak. I was told that this manufacturer was the original creator of this system for chickens and it's the best. I like it so much I bought a second one, I use them both for raising meat birds and it can even keep up with the needs for meat birds!http://www.atwoods.com/poultry-feeders-watering/cheery-chicks-chicken-kooler-35-gallon.htm

Back
Top Bottom