Need a little girl chicken in Fremont, NH

Elizabeth Rosa

Hatching
Dec 15, 2020
I had two silkies, one was a rooster so I had to get rid of him. My other beautiful little girl is here in my office in my house with me as I do not believe she will be ready to go out until spring. Although she is playing on the floor with my dogs and cat, I do believe she is lonely at night. Does anyone have any breed of chicken female and small 6-8 weeks that can keep her company until spring when they will go out with the rest of my chickens.

Attachments

• F23DD213-78D1-432A-A3B7-1DC5D60B98D7.jpeg
    F23DD213-78D1-432A-A3B7-1DC5D60B98D7.jpeg
    550.1 KB · Views: 5
:welcome

At 8 weeks old, your silkie should be perfectly fine to go outside unless you are having below 0 temperatures. You'd just need to integrate her with your other chickens. :)

Good luck finding another hen!

Fremont, NH
:welcome

At 8 weeks old, your silkie should be perfectly fine to go outside unless you are having below 0 temperatures. You'd just need to integrate her with your other chickens. :)

Good luck finding another hen!
Yes, you are right she should be able to be outside with the others, however, they are much bigger than her and they beat the crap out of her after being out there with them so I brought her back in and that’s where she staying until she’s stronger by Spring. She is the only silkie. :-(

Yes, you are right she should be able to be outside with the others, however, they are much bigger than her and they beat the crap out of her after being out there with them so I brought her back in and that’s where she staying until she’s stronger by Spring. She is the only silkie. :-(
Aw man! Sometimes birds just won't give it a rest. :he Hopefully you can find her a friend!

Back
Top Bottom