Need a Name for My Farm!

plowboybunny

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 6, 2012
Northern CA
We have chickens (almost 100!), ducks, turkeys, horse, meat rabbits, and dogs. There are no real landmark type things to name it after. Its on a mountain, but everywhere is a mountain around here!
I'm hoping for something catchy or clever, but not silly.
Thanks!

Seeing you have almost a hundred chickens, how about C-Note Mountain Farm, Top of the Mountain Farm or which direction your house faces. like Eastview, Westview ect.... Give us more to work with and we will come up with one. There are many creative minds here.

I'm not interested in using the town name or the road name. I'm in Mendocino county (Northern CA) There really isn't any significance to me user name, its from a song, lol.

The house is on about 40 acres, facing the west mostly. I'm not understanding the C-Note suggestion? What does that mean?

What is important to you? Why did you buy the farm? What do you plan to produce? What inspires you?

Got time for a little story?

I was married for 16 years. Moved from the big city to a small town. Bought an old Farm house with a barn and an acre and a half.

Wife hated it, we moved to town.

Got divorced. Went through a very stressful time. I am a car dealer, a landlord, an auctioneer, and now a farmer.

Few years ago, bought another place in the country. 4 houses on my road, and I can't see them. I have 4 acres, a barn, a pond, and 12,000 acres of State Wildlife Area behind me.

BUT..... when I moved, no Dish, no cell, no phone, no internet. The first 2 weeks, I would seriously drive back to town 3-4 times a night to text people.

Place taught me to relax.

I named it Serenity. There are many other Serenity Farms, some bigger, some nicer, but this one is mine.

Find your inspiration and the name will come.

Good Luck,
Shawn

Thank you for your story.
I grew up in the sticks. No phones, TV or electricity, for years!
I've always had a lot of animals. My family as always tried to proved as much at home as possible.
I intend to sell chicks, hatching eggs, and possibly worm boxes and chicken tractors.
Those are things that I enjoy doing and making for myself and my family keeps saying I should try to sell them.
I have no visible neighbors.
It obviously is more of a hobby than a business, but I want a name to put on egg cartons, "business" cards and possibly a website.
I am not a creative person when it comes to words.
Ideas of mine so far are very limited:

Homegrown Hens- I'm thinking of not using this because there is now a brand of chicken feed called "homegrown"
A to Z poultry- In kind of incorporates my boyfriends name and mine, but it sounds more like a book

Thanks for your input

Thank you for your story.
I grew up in the sticks. No phones, TV or electricity, for years!
I've always had a lot of animals. My family as always tried to proved as much at home as possible.
I intend to sell chicks, hatching eggs, and possibly worm boxes and chicken tractors.
Those are things that I enjoy doing and making for myself and my family keeps saying I should try to sell them.
I have no visible neighbors.
It obviously is more of a hobby than a business, but I want a name to put on egg cartons, "business" cards and possibly a website.
I am not a creative person when it comes to words.
Ideas of mine so far are very limited:

Homegrown Hens- I'm thinking of not using this because there is now a brand of chicken feed called "homegrown"
A to Z poultry- In kind of incorporates my boyfriends name and mine, but it sounds more like a book

Thanks for your input
I think you are imaginiative . . . look at the two you have accessed and tossed out . . . you just haven't found the one that is right for you. When I need to name a horse, and I am limted on number of letters and the first letter is predetermined, I keep a running list of every possible name. Eventually I whiddle it down. Prince was born early evening about 8 pm, his mom a gray his dad black. His dad SInatra SOng, mom Uptown Girl = Enchanted Evening from the song SOme Enchanted Evening sung by Frank Sinatra. It took months to get to this name. Months. ANd a long list of E names. I named my farm after my grandfather. He made it pssible to have the farm on many levels.

A tree: Evergreen, Aspen, three maples
A trait: Endeavor
A flower: Astor

Also your farm name can be different than a name for an item you make. A chicken product should have a chicken name probably, but not necessarily.

You're from the sticks, and now on 40 acres. How about 40 Sticks Acres or Back Forty Farms

Back
Top Bottom