Need a New Digital Thermostat.

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
Hey all, I've been using my home built cabinet incubator for over a year and it's done a great job overall. The thermostat was The Incredible Incubator Thermostat from Fall Harvest Products. First one had issues after just a few hatches, I can't remember exactly what the problem was (I'll ask Honey, he's my memory these days
roll.png
) but they eventually replaced it. Second one has been working well until just now. Temp spiked to 108 per the thermostat readout, 115 per the thermometer inside the unit. Unplugged, cooled, re-plugged...same thing, in less than 30 minutes. Tried again, same thing. All my pretty Marans eggs are fried......

So, looking for a new thermostat. I want a digital, I need something hand's off and set and forget. I'm looking at the Incustat from Incubator Warehouse, any reviews? or comparable units that have worked well for you? I plan to run the bator quite a bit the next few months, so it's not just an occasional use kind of thing. Those of you that hatch a lot, what is the normal life span of your digital thermostats?

Pics of the bator, just cause I love it.....

If you don't mine a bare board, having to get a $1 wall wart (or scavenge the appropriate voltage one out of a junk drawer) and hooking it up yourself you really can't beat the $2-$4 modules out of Asia...

Just some examples, not seller recommendations although they are the sellers I purchased from... I have both of these units and they both work well for what they are, just be aware they are in Celsius so you need to set them at 37.5°

http://www.ebay.com/itm//201315706969
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331577078605

I could probably try that, but I'm not sure Honey would go for it. I'll probably use the Incustat or something like that. Thanks for the referral, though....I'll keep it in mind when another bator comes up.

Back
Top Bottom