Need a new home for my pekin ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by HarmonyHeart, Jul 28, 2011.

1. HarmonyHeart

HarmonyHeart New Egg

Apr 26, 2011
    Got divorced and my ex-husband got the farm. He didn't want the ducks to stay so I've had to bring them with me to a home with very close neighbors, So far the HOA hasn't noticed all the quacking in my backyard and the neighbors haven't complained, but I feel it's just a matter of time. They are so fun and I hate to give them up, but I don't think I can keep them much longer. There are two of them, three months old but full sized. I live in Chandler, Arizona. If anyone can take them, please message me. Thanks [​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Sorry this has happened, hope you can find a great new home for your babies!! [​IMG]

3. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

In most cases if you can get your neighbors to sign an agreement saying they know you have ducks then you can keep them. Im sorry to hear about the divorce [​IMG] But if you want to keep your duckies thats wat i would try first before relocating them. Both my neighbors actually love my ducks and like to come over and visit them! Good luck!

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Post this in the Arizona thread and also the buy sell "other" area.

Sorry you have to get rid of them, hopefully someone local can help you out.

5. mythkat

mythkat Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you thought about making them house ducks? You can get duck diapers from IndoorDucks.com. If they have clothes and shoes how can they be anything but pets?[​IMG]

6. shadust1

shadust1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    loretto, pa
    Quote:stinks u live all the way in arizona....we r looking for two pekin FEMALE ducks.....

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Yes, and best of luck to you in your new life.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by